With Junior High and High School Baseball getting more competitive, it is essential that young players receive the proper coaching and training to excel in the game. We are confident that if you experience our training…you will get better! Baseball is a game of ‘hard workers’ and South Bay Sports Training is committed to working hard to get you better!
-Tony Sanguinetti (President, South Bay Sports Training)
- Highest Quality — Our Lesson packages are the highest quality and best value available in the Bay Area.
- Multiple Instructors — We offer the ability to use more than one instructor and train more than one skill within the same lesson package.
- Lesson Sharing — We also offer the ability to share a lesson package between family members and even teammates.
- Professional Style of Coaching — We pride ourselves on teaching to the INDIVIDUAL. We take EACH player and give THEM the knowledge and resources to maximize THEIR skills to reach THEIR full potential.
- Instruction — Our instructors can provide any player with the knowledge and resources needed to develop their skills and learn the steps they need to take to maximize their full potential.
- Feedback — Players will receive the necessary feedback to reach their goals and get to the next level.
- Experienced Staff — Lessons are taught by our premier coaching staff; all are highly qualified with college and/or professional experience
Types of Lessons
Our hitting instruction covers all aspects of hitting. We teach the proper and necessary hitting mechanics including: how to swing a bat and hit a baseball, and how to hit different types of pitches in different locations. We develop the hand-eye coordination, balance, bat-speed, strength and reaction skills used when hitting.
We also train the mental side of hitting including: hitting in different situations and counts, and learning to develop a plan and approach at the plate. This training is designed to obtain the skills and knowledge needed to become a better hitter.
Our pitching instruction covers all aspects of pitching and the position of a pitcher. We teach the proper and necessary pitching mechanics including: pitching from the wind up and the stretch, how to throw different types of pitches, how to throw to different locations, pick-offs, and fielding the position. We develop the coordination, balance, flexibility, and strength used when pitching.
All of our pitching training includes some core strengthening. We also train the mental side of pitching including: how to act on the mound, what to throw and when to throw it, and how to control the running game. We also teach how to properly warm up, care, stretch, and strengthen your arm. This training is designed to maximize your accuracy and velocity, decreasing the risk of injury, and obtain the skills and knowledge needed to become a better pitcher.
Our catching instruction covers all aspects of catching and the position of a catcher. We teach the proper and necessary mechanics and footwork for catching, focusing in depth on the three main areas: receiving, blocking, and throwing.
We also cover fielding bunts, pop-ups, and plays at the plate. We develop hand-eye coordination, footwork, reaction skills, flexibility, quickness, and strength used when catching. We also train the mental side of catching including: how to call pitches, handle pitchers, and control the game. This training is designed to obtain the skills and knowledge needed to become a better catcher.
Our infield and outfield instruction teaches the proper and necessary mechanics and mindset needed to play any specific position on the field. We develop the coordination, footwork, reaction skills, speed quickness, and strength used at any position. This training is designed to obtain the skills and knowledge needed to become a better infielder or outfielder.
We teach the proper mechanics and footwork for fielding groundballs and catching pop-ups, throwing to all bases, force and tag plays, and proper positioning. We also cover the mental side of how to think, act, and react in different situations.
We teach the proper mechanics and footwork for fielding groundballs, catching line drives and fly-balls, throwing to all bases, playing the wall, and proper positioning. We also cover the mental side of how to think, act, and react in different situations.
Speed & Strength Training specific to baseball or softball.
- ‘Maximize’ Hitting Power
- ‘Maximize’ Throwing Velocity
- ‘Elevate’ Speed and Strength
- ‘Intensify’ Power and Explosiveness
- ‘Increase’ Agility and Quickness
Live Batting Practice
- Most professional, college, and high school coaches feel that live batting practice is the most productive and beneficial type of hitting training.
- We wanted players, teams and coaches to have an alternate option to coin operated pitching machines.
- Hit real baseballs thrown by a real person!
- Work on specific locations, pitches and speeds!
Approach to Age Group
(Ages 15-18 / 9th-12th grade)
Our College Preparation Program is focused on taking a high school player’s skills and mindset to the collegiate level. We are a huge resource to players by guiding and promoting them through the college recruitment process. We pride ourselves on having our players prepared for the collegiate level. We help our players reach their goals by assisting their placement in a college program that best fits them.
High School Prep
(Ages 11-14 / 5th-8th grade)
Our High School Preparation Program is focused on taking junior high school player’s skills and mindset to the high school level. We are a huge resource to players development both mentally and physically. We pride ourselves on having our players prepared for high school level. We help our players reach their goals by assisting in their success on a high school team.
(Ages 7-10 / 1st-4th grade)
Our Developmental Program is focused on developing the basic fundamentals and skills of the game, while beginning to teach the mental side of the game: how to think, act, and react in baseball situations. Our goal is to have our players lay a proper foundation of the basic skills and mindset needed to play the game of baseball.
Our Instructional Program is focused on developing the basic knowledge of the game. We teach how to swing a bat, use a glove, run the bases, throw a ball, field a ground ball and catch a fly ball. Our goal is to have our players understand the basic functions of the game of baseball.